Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Roy Keane to my team

Let me be the first one to say, Roy Keane, you were and still are a wonderful footballer. What pains me is the bitter end for a true legend of our generation of football fans. BUT ENOUGH already. This is now replacing the David Beckham transfer saga of a few summer ago. Will he go, will he stay, will he go, will he stay. We know Roy will end-up somewhere, but seriously, do we care?

Why would any team that is currenlty thriving want to change their composition and bring in this temperental bloke(im not British, so that is the only word I could come up with) into their dressing room risking the early success of the first few months of the season.

I know where Roy Keane will end-up, but you will have to wait to the end of this posting to know it. Lets look at the possibilities:

1)Inter Milan; not even the most dsyfunctionally mangerial 'brain trust' of these guys wants him...I thought they specialized in signing over the hill multi-milliionares, but they wont even touch this one, what does that say about Keane?

2)Juventus: ok, lets bench Nedved, no maybe Viera, ok, maybe we will bench Emerson...for who Roy Keane, seriously give me a break.

3)Celtic: forget all those childhood dreams and growing up being a fan of the the old team, they cannot afford his wages

4)West Ham: truly a funn team to watch in the English Premiership this year, currenlty, up to 9th place and palying well. Alan Pardew what are you thinking? I know what your thinking, discpline, determination, and a younger team could use this guy. But you got such a good thing going do not change that

I think, Roy Keane will end up in Qatar along with Gabriel Battistuta...hey, is he still playing??


Azzurri Dreams