Friday, December 16, 2005

Champions League Draw Spares us another Liverpool-Chelsea Nightmare

The football gods are smiling on me. Actually they are smilimg on all of us! Last night as I stared off at the oddly colored wall while making use of the the urinal in the Azzurri Dreams headquarters, I was reminded of the sacrifices I would make, actually just about anything to avoid another match between Liverpool and Chelsea in the Champions League. I have been told that I need to stay more positive and I will be rewarded in life. But one last negative thought of having to watch these two teams play again had me thinking mean thoughts. And my mean(some would say anti-English rhetoric) thoughts were matched by an inconceivable act of randonness, by which, the toilet seat I had just put up, came down with the force of an Essien tackle, broke off its hinges, and clipped me on my foot, which now has an abrasion, not to mention, there was urine all over the place. I now walk with a noticeable limp but still very thankful the Champions League draw just released has spared us ALL another 0-0 draw between the "English Giants." The Draw is as follows:


Chelsea v Barcelona
Real Madrid v Arsenal
Werder Bremen v Juventus
Bayern Munich v AC Milan
PSV Eindhoven v Lyon
Ajax Amsterdam v Inter Milan
Benfica v Liverpool
Rangers v Villarreal

Unlike the English press that has major problems, like trying to explain how Chelsea will beat Barcelona, my only problem is that I cannot walk without a limp. But I still would not trade places with them.

Azzurri Dreams