Monday, December 12, 2005

I Thought Pele Could Do No Wrong

At this pace, why even play the World Cup in Germany next year, I say we just sit back and give it to England. Pele's comments today ranking England(as well as Italy) as Brazil's biggest challengers just made me laugh. As if the British Media needed any other reason to not start popping open their Champaign, I think this could actually be a detriment to England's chances. They are already lining up their moves through group play and into the finals, only to probably be reminded as the whole world will be next year, that games are won on the field, not through paper analysis and dumb-smiling Sweedes that exude dumb-looking confidence. I guess if I slept with half the staff of English Football Association, I would be smiling too. I forgot there are these two other little soccer nations, Holland and Argentina that will have something to say before the tournament is over.

Ok, lets get one thing straight, we are a little under seven months from the World Cup, enough for all the soccer channels across the world to beat the proverbial horse into a jack-in-the-box cheeseburger(see Beef Scandal circa 1985) and actually try to convince us that they know who will win the World Cup. It is too early. But since we all have computers and access to the web, what's another opinion out there, right?

Since Pele made as bold of a prediction, I will make a few predictions about England as well but only with the legal Azzurri Dreams disclaimer that at any time, I can say, "I was wrong."

1)Tony Blair will declare victory in Iraq later this week
2)There is evidence of human-like life form on other planets and Sven-Goran Eriksson has slept with one of their representatives to prove it.
3)England has found a way to cure world hunger, stop AIDS and actually knows Boy George's real sex and will be doing a Geraldo-like expose' later this week on the BBC

Seriously, please stop the insanity and self-applause...on the other hand there is reason to stay optimistic if you are English, at least you do not have to play Northern Ireland again(see September 7th, 2005 if you need a refresher course)

Azzurri Dreams