Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Today's news leaves me uninspired

In fact, the most exciting thing that is happening in the world of European soccer today is that my co-editor, Feyenoord is lounging on some deserted isle in the Caribbean, with a cocktail and his lover. And although I pleaded with him to take me, actually to swap roles with me, he urged me to keep our ever-growing readership informed on the days happenings. I said I promise to take great pictures if you let me hang out with her as we sun bath topless and drink great vodka concoctions with little umbrellas in them, but yet he resisted again. So Feyenoord, this one is for you.

AC Milan's Christian Vieri is on the move, looking to play regular ball so he can increase his chances of playing for Italy in the World Cup. I am amazed he has not run out of teams to play for yet considering he seems to always be on the move. Chelsea should make a move for him, but stay tuned for more details.

In the here-we-go-again never-ending dumb-and-dumber saga known as Newcastle, the team is now interested in re-uniting with target Nicolas Anelka, who is desperate for a return to the Premiership. Seriously, this guy is so over-rated, how does he keep coming up with teams that 'desperately' want him.

While Juventus is busy looting every other European team's defense, they are now intent on making a move for Chelsea defender William Gallas in the summer. Along with Sagnol, Kovich and possibly Gallas, what does this mean for Jonathan Zebina, aka 'I want raise' while not having played in three months. Zebina will be on the move to a team in England by the end of the month.

More uneventful days like today and I will phoning this column in from the Caribbean...I hope Feyenoord does not mind the company.
Azzurri Dreams