Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Dutch Coaching Carousel

As I sat back in the cush Azzurri Dreams offices on Sunday, I was wishing Feyenoord had allowed me to expense that 44' Samsung LCD television that I had mysteriously delivered the preceding Friday. The anticipation of watching the Italian Derby made me get the perfect television for the big match. I wanted to see the look of panic settle in the faces of the Inter Milan management as they watched just how far behind Juventus they are. But no, I had to settle for my 1994 29' Toshiba(it does not even have picture-in-picture) as Feyenoord had me send it back while emphasizing that I were to pay the re-stocking fees. But two days after that great match, the real panic has settled in at Inter. Quite possibly, as I have mentioned time and time again on Azzurri Dreams, Inter Milan is just as dysfunctional as Newcastle but unlike their English counterparts, they can still claim to be an elite team and attract top talent.

So get the rumors started because here it goes and I think this will reverberate all the way to Spain. Inter Milan have finally recognized they need more offense after their fab two strike-force of Adrianno and Martins(who was just back from the African Cup of Nations) did not do anything. So the latest is this, they want AC Milan's Pippo Inzaghi during the summer transfer market and are willing to ship Marco Matterazzi to their city rivals. This moves makes sense for AC Milan who need to shore-up their central defense going into next season and while they would be getting rid of albeit a stud in Inzaghi(who is 33) but for Inter, well lets just say they are so dam predictable. What this has to do with Spain...read between the lines, they have just acknowledged that no one is safe. Here we go again with the Ronaldo-Adrianno rumor mill, tiring as it must be to be a hamster on that dam wheel, but this will re-surface shortly.
Keeping with the Milan angle today, as we have been reporting, Frank Rijkaard could leave to join AC Milan. It is never good when your president says he will not stand in your way if you want to go to another team. And if anyone mentions the Swedish-Savant as a potential replacement for a Rijkaard, I will gag as I do not believe a team like Barcelona should reward mediocrity(see the Swedish-Savant's coaching record) by even inquiring for his services.

Now this is where it gets interesting, AC Milan are supposedly also looking at Marco van Basten as well as replacement for a coach who is not said to be leaving anytime soon in Carlo Ancelotti. Hmm, could there be any more Dutch news today. How about the fact that Guss Hiddink is going to be announced as the new coach for Russia sometime this week. Ok, Feyenoord, that is all the news that concerns the Dutch today, I hope you are happy as long as I do not lose you as well to anyone else's coaching staff.

Azzurri Dreams