Friday, February 17, 2006

He is Everywhere

While many people might think I live a double life(Feyenoord being my alter-ego), rest assured, he does exist. Who else would keep me in check, help me break down the news, and keep me humble as the press and the hottest groupies in Europe keep texting me at all hours of the day? And last night as I sat tirelessly in bed staring at my ceiling and wondering, why o' why, have they not called to schedule my interview for the Newcastle position, I was reminded just how similar a wart and the Swedish-Savant are; neither goes away simply, and it just stays with you. Always. As if omnipresent. You want it to leave but it just does not easily. Not knowing what to make of today's news, how about I simply report it.

The English FA want Juventus head coach Fabio Capello and have lured him with a £19M offer as well as a villa. Lets see, Fabio Capello or one of the English Stiffs being mentioned for this impossible job? I can see it right now, Capello benching David Bechkam and the drama that would insist. Compelling, ok I am convinced, on the merits alone(of this fantasy of mine) that Capello is a bold coach, willing to make hard decisions when necessary(unlike someone you know), he is a great candidate. Now the problem is that like every other melo-drama in Italian culture, this will one will spiral out of control. And you guessed it, who is linked with the 'potential' Juventus job..Drum roll please....................the Swedish-Savant, as well as Roberto Donadoni and Gianluca Vialli.

To assume Fabio Capello, at 59 is not going to be at Juventus for ever is the easy part. And with the English media jumping on the fact that both in November and January he publicly stated his desire to coach abroad(read between the lines, Manchester United or the Spanish National Team) this is one is not over just yet. Dave Richards, Brian Barwick, and Noel White are representing the FA properly when they look outside their national media pressures and look at one of the finest coaches to potentially coach England to the World Cup in 2010. The compensation package offered to Capello is twice what he makes annually at Juventus. Should he win the Champions League this year, I think this decision will be very easy for him. The only thing that annoys me is that somewhere the Swedish-Savant is thinking, I never would have thought that getting fired would be so rewarding(noting that he is already linked with this job). I can only imagine what is going through his mind, already thinking of all the beautiful Italian women that are in his potential new employer's offices in Torino. Then again, that is why this site will be down from 1-3 pm today as I addresss this and many other issues in therapy.
Azzurri Dreams