Thursday, February 02, 2006

NATO Calling

There is no need to worry. Feyenoord is not going to Kabul, Afgahistan to patrol and secure the countryside as part of the Netherlands troop delegation. The Dutch Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende is a fan of Azzurri Dreams and knows what a disruption it would be if I lost my co-editor. After all, who would proof-read my commentary, book me on my upcoming BBC and SKY appearances and motivate me to write again when the mega-dramas of the Swedish-Savant makes me want to go into hibernation.

Just because the winter market finished two days ago, does not mean we cannot do it all over again. The new, well, the continued drama that is Michael Ballack is everywhere with the latest reports linking him definitively..,or until he and his agent change their minds, to two likely teams, Inter Milan and Juventus. Inter is leading the case. But in the time it took to write this, my sources say he is off to Qatar.

Dutch goeth, Dutch cometh. AC Milan want another Ajax player and will more then likely get him, Wesley Sneijder. All this to make sure Frank Rijkaard feels comfortable upon his return to Milan...But I am not starting any rumors.

Roma are willing to gamble on Liverpool's Djibril Cisse, makes you wonder how little your coach thinks of you after the return of Robbie Fowler. Somewhere, Rafa Benitez, is thinking, get the hint young man.

Juventus will move for Ajax player Hatem Trabelsi.

This is either sublime or it is preposterous. But the latest grumbling's out of Madrid are huge. And proving Azzurri Dreams correct once again, President Florentino Perez wants Juventus striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic using Antonio Cassano as the bait. Wonderful. Is this a ploy to disrupt Juventus as we are just three weeks away from the start of Champions League? Who knows but when your team is not close to winning anything like Real Madrid is this season, as the president you must come up with creative ways to keep busy. Starting rumors(I mean reporting the news) is what I do to pass my idle time at Azzurri Dreams so I cannot fault him entirely.

With these juicy snipits coming daily, I cannot wait until the summer transfer market starts.
Azzurri Dreams