Thursday, December 03, 2009

So, what did I miss in the last 3 years??

Like Krishna, I too have been called back from my very long hibernation and have been asked to write again. And while I have been basking in World Cup Glory since July 9th, 2006, the time had come for me to come back. Adoring readers and their emails kindly requested that we start blogging about the beautiful game again.

Yes, it feels great to be back and with a vengeance. I feel the game in the last three years, is pretty much where it was before I disappeared, in total chaos.

Essentially here is a quick recap:

The state of soccer is being sacrificed to the idiocies of Sepp Blatter(nothing has changed since I last blogged 3 years ago), players and their supermodel girlfriends are running to placenta cures and new age stuff that would make the ballers from the previous era's call them wimps, Beckham is sporting a goofy haircut even for his standards, The French are doing stupid stuff on the field (again) and Liverdrool(aka Liverpool), well, there being Liverdrool and putting me to sleep with every draw.

You see, I had to come back and shed some light on the what really matters, the game itself! Boy it feels great to be back! So we look forward to reconnecting with all of you and be on the look out for out "Get Sepp Fired" campaign to launch shortly.