Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Finally, some interesting news

Lets face it, my latest contribution to the world of European soccer lately has been only to complain, but sure as I woke up on a beautiful day, I felt like finally there was some news worth reporting. So the lastest frenzy of relevant news goes like this:

Real Madrid is considering an offer of €15 millionfor Arsenal left-back Ashley Cole, Spanish sports daily Marca reported. Arsenal are set to lose Viera, Henry and Cole all within two seasons. I sure hope they can fill that new stadium next year. What this means is that Roberto Carlos will be leaving Madrid at the end of the season. I have been warned not so start rumors, but can you say Inter Milan.

Arsenal may try to sign 20-year-old Greek striker Georgios Samaras from Dutch team Heerenveen for about £3.75 million, the Daily Mirror reported. I have to reprt this as Feyenord believes I do not give the dutch league enough coverage, so this one is for you. But as I have told you earlier, the player I want to write about is Dirk Kuijt but we will have plenty of time this summer to write about him as he leaves Holland.

Manchester United want to sign Thomas Gravesen, according to Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet. The paper said Alex Ferguson's side had offered €3.8 million for him. Real Madrid once again is looking to cash in on another player they bought for less but I see this as a smart deal since United's mid-field has been non-existence and needs some grit in there. Can you say, who is Roy Keane when this deal is done as many at Old Trafford will.

As reported yesterday on Azzurri Dreams, Hernan Crespo will apply for an Italian passport so he can escape the London Blues and re-unite with Milan. At last news, he was seen already packing his bags. The only problem with this is that Milan is also linked for a June acquisition of Vincenzo Iaquinta.

Inter Milan. Here we go again. I swear if it were not for these guys, I might not have anything to write about. They are now linked with Valeri Bojinov, the Fiorentina striker who has also been linked with Bayern Munich. One scenario is him going to Inter Milan and Fiorentina receiving goaltender Francesco Toldo in return since their starting keeper Sebastian Frey injured himself in a Coppa Italia match yesterday.

I am so happy to have some exciting news to report, that I even spared all our readers another Sven Goran Eriksson joke. Here is to the funk being over.
Azzurri Dreams